Travel voucher conditions General voucher conditions
1. The following terms shall have the meaning as defined hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires:
- An EMD voucher means Electronic Miscellaneous Document. This is also called a Travel voucher.
- KLM means KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, having its registered office at Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
- Delta means Delta Air Lines, having its registered seat at Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Air France means Air France, having its registered seat at Paris, France.
- KLM flight means any flight having a flight number with a KL-prefix.
- Delta flight means any flight having a flight number with a DL-prefix.
- Air France flight means any flight having a flight number with an AF-prefix.
- Virgin Atlantic flight means any flight having a flight number with an VS-prefix.
2. No agent, employee or representative of KLM has the authority to alter, modify or waive any of these terms and conditions.
3. The non-refundable voucher is to be used for payment of a KLM, Delta Air Lines, Air France or Virgin Atlantic fare when a KLM or Air France ticket is issued. The amount that can be used is mentioned on the voucher.
Voucher can be used by:
- the owner of the voucher,
- passengers travelling together with the original voucher owner, at the time the voucher is being redeemed.
If the currency of the voucher is other than the currency in which the price of a ticket is published, the rate of exchange will be the bankers selling rate of KLM’s local bank. If, upon payment of a ticket, a balance amount on the voucher remains, a residual voucher shall be issued for that amount but the terms and conditions pertaining to the original voucher shall remain applicable.
4. The refundable voucher is valid for a direct refund of the refundable amount stated on the voucher to your bank account.
5. To all carriage provided by KLM, Delta and Air France, the general conditions of carriage, the tariffs, the tariff regulations and the special conditions of carriage, whichever are applicable, of KLM, Delta and Air France, respectively, shall apply. Where carriage is provided by another airline, that airline’s general conditions of carriage may apply.
6. Should this voucher be used for carriage on Delta, Air France or any other airline’s flight, KLM will only be deemed to have acted as an agent of that airline in issuing this voucher.
7. A voucher is not endorsable. The voucher cannot be bartered or sold and doing so will render it invalid.
8. Solely the passenger will be responsible for his voucher and KLM is not liable to the passenger in the event a voucher has been used by any other person than the passenger. Neither KLM nor KLM’s agent is obligated to request a person presenting this voucher to identify himself.
9. A customer offered a voucher is at all times at liberty to accept or refuse the voucher. The acceptance of a voucher by the passenger shall be deemed a consent to and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions.
10. The non-refundable voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be used to purchase a KLM or Air France ticket for travel on KLM, Air France or Delta Air Lines fare.
11. Non-refundable vouchers can be used towards the pre-purchase of other optional products and services (where offered) on KLM or Air France operated and marketed flights.
12. In-flight purchases are not possible with the voucher (both refundable and non-refundable).
13. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Terms and Conditions of a non-refundable voucher
When you agree to receive a non-refundable voucher from KLM or Air France, you agree to our terms and conditions. Make sure to read these conditions carefully and contact our KLM Customer Contact Centre in case of questions, before opting for a non-refundable voucher.
1. Issuance of the non-refundable voucher
1.1 A non-refundable voucher can be issued for fully open tickets (unused tickets) or partially used tickets, for the coupons that have not been used. If the passenger has a fully refundable ticket, it is not in the interest of the passenger to apply for a non-refundable voucher.
1.2 The passenger's acceptance of a non-refundable voucher shall be deemed a full consent to and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions.
1.3 The non-refundable voucher will be issued for the full value of the unused ticket, including taxes.
1.4 In case of purchased extra options that were part of the unused tickets for flights operated by KLM or Air France, an additional non-refundable voucher may be issued for the full value of the purchased options that were not used.
1.5 The amount that can be used is mentioned on the non-refundable voucher.
1.6 If the currency of the non-refundable voucher is different from the currency in which the ticket price is issued, the rate of exchange will be the banker's selling rate of KLM or Air France’s bank.
1.7 If the passenger has a ticket that is changeable at a fee, the fee will be deducted from the full value of the voucher. The new value will then be shown on the non-refundable voucher. For example: you have purchased a ticket for EUR 200 with fare conditions that state that changes are permitted at a fee of EUR 50. When you request the voucher, this fee will be deducted, and an amount of EUR 150 will be credited to the final voucher.
1.8 The non-refundable voucher will be issued per passenger and match the passenger name displayed on the original ticket. Even if the passengers are booked on the same reservations as others, each individual passenger will receive a voucher in their name.
1.9 For tickets with a mixed fare type (e.g., outbound travel not refundable and inbound travel refundable) the non-refundable voucher will be of the full value of the unused ticket but will be fully non-refundable.
2. Exchanging the EMD voucher for a new ticket
2.1 The non-refundable voucher will be used to pay a KLM, Air France, Delta Air Lines, or Virgin Atlantic fare when a KLM or Air France ticket is issued.
2.2 Non-refundable vouchers can be used towards the pre-purchase of other optional products and services (where offered) on KLM or Air France-operated and marketed flights.
2.3 In-flight purchases are not possible with the voucher.
2.4 If, upon payment of a ticket, a balance amount on the voucher remains, a new non-refundable voucher shall be issued for that amount but the terms and conditions pertaining to the original voucher shall remain applicable.
2.5 If the passenger books a new flight and the price of the new reservation is higher than the amount on the non-refundable voucher, the passenger will need to pay the fare difference.
2.6 If the passenger uses the non-refundable voucher to book a new ticket that is fully refundable or partially refundable, and the passenger later requests a refund of this ticket, the passenger will receive the amount of the difference paid. However, the part paid with the non-refundable voucher will remain non-refundable.
3. Non-refundable voucher
3.1 The full value of the voucher is non-refundable.
3.2 If you've paid for your ticket using a combination of cash and Miles, your non-refundable voucher will have the value of the cash amount you've paid for your ticket. The spent Miles are non-refundable unless the airline has cancelled your flight.
3.3 By agreeing to these conditions, the passenger forfeits the right to request a refund of the original ticket when accepting a non-refundable voucher.
4. Non-transferability of a non-refundable voucher
4.1 These vouchers are non-transferable. Vouchers may only be used towards a new ticket or ancillaries issued for the passenger name stated on the original voucher, except for passengers that will be travelling together on the same booking as the original voucher owner once the owner redeems their voucher.
4.2 A voucher is non-endorsable. The voucher cannot be bartered or sold and doing so will render it invalid.
4.3 Solely the passenger will be responsible for their voucher, and KLM and Air France are not liable to the passenger if a voucher has been used by any other person than the passenger.
5. Validity of a non-refundable voucher
5.1 The non-refundable voucher is valid for one year from the date of issuance of the voucher. This means that the passenger has one year to use the voucher towards a new flight in the future. If the passenger exceeds the validity of the voucher, the voucher will be lost and will no longer be useable.